Monday, June 23, 2008

Recent Projects

I'm in a sewing phase right now. It comes and goes. It's probably been about a year since I've felt the urge but it has hit with a vengeance.

Here's what I've completed in the last week or so:


Reversible European Shams. I keep them with the brown polk-a-dot side showing (hard to see in this pic) but I put the beautiful brocade on the back because 1) I love it and 2) I didn't have enough polk-a-dot fabric to do the entire pillow anyways.



All I really sew with is remnant fabric. . .I just can't pay full price for much of anything ESPECIALLY fabric for some reason. I guess it's because I know I still have to invest a lot of time into making something out of the piece. I do love the sense of accomplishment I feel when I actually make something that I enjoy and is useful though!



I finally got some simple drapes put up in the family room. I've had the valences done and hung for ages but never got around to the drapes for the big window. They're not totally finished yet. I've got to shorten them a little and line the back but I'm happy with the result so far.



Finally, a picture of the fun bag I made. It's simple and fun and if your name is Erica (my swap partner) try to ignore this pic because I may or may not be making one for you too!!

6 comments:

Holly O. said...

Geez, I wish I knew how to sew. That purse is so cute!

JJ said...

Wow! Your swap friend will be so lucky to get such a cute bag!

pomai♥stephen said...

oh my gosh! i love that you sew and what you have done! i made drapes and sewed them as well. they look almost identical to what you have pictured. AMAZING!!! i am going to post some pictures on my blog for you to see. i absolutely love what you've done! great job!
pomai

Kristin said...

Your projects look great; I especially like your euro shams! I look forward to your future projects!

p.s. Thanks for stopping by my blog!

beth said...

Wow! So talented! As you can tell from my blog, I am such a beginner. Maybe you can teach me a thing or two.

Hannah Ashmore said...

i really do want one!!!